Saturday, July 2, 2011

Quick Afternoon Walk

So I was checking out a spot that I go sometimes to look for tracks and came across something very interesting on the walk.

One of the places I like to look is about two miles into the woods near an old military installation that they shut down years ago.  To get deep into the thick you have to go down a bike/walking trail that the city has built adjacent to these woods.  On my way there something near the side of the trail immediately caught my eye.

This rail fence that separates the trail from a rather
large pond was cracked.  I mean seriously damaged.  It would have taken something very heavy to cross over this thing and cause the bolts to bend like that.

I tried recreating the damage to another section of fence nearby.  I'm a 250 pound guy and it was impossible for me to even make the wood creak! There's no way a person could make it crack like this.

Notice the split piece of post that's broken off and laying in the grass, incredible.

I have heard of a few sightings near this place and have spent lots of time walking these woods and haven't come across any evidence of note.  Most of my experience tracking the big guy has been in Jennings Forest, a large patch of state land about four miles from this area.  Is it possible that he's moved into this area because of the fires to the south?  Maybe there's a another family group living in these woods related to the ones in Jennings.

Just because I've had no luck at this place in the past I get the feeling there's something out there.  When I'm walking the woods I get that I'm being watched feeling.  It's pretty creepy being alone two miles into the forest and feeling like something or someone is there with you.

I would love to check this place out after dark but it would be impossible to get in there without attracting some sort of police attention.

I searched the rail and post area carefully, all the time hopeful that some hair or other trace evidence would have been left behind.  There was nothing.  Maybe if I had come before the rain.  It looked like if anything might have gotten left behind it was washed away now. 

I think what amazes me most about this find is the bolts.  They're obviously big.  The wood fence they are holding together is not light weight by any means. It's a heavy duty rail.  There had to have been a huge amount of weight put on this things to bend it like that.  My estimate would be upwards of 600 or 800 pounds, round about the average weight of a healthy adult Sasquatch.

The wildlife in this area in abundant, I've seen many Deer, Raccoons, Skunks, and Possums while hiking here.  There are several large ponds including the one just over this rail fence where there are large groups of water fowl that stop seasonally.  Plenty of food to keep a hungry Bigfoot family happy.

I think I will be spending a lot more time searching this place in the future.  I can't wait to get back out there and keep looking for more evidence.

Until next time, stay safe and take the time to look at the details, you might be surprised what you find.

James

No comments:

Post a Comment