Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Rainy Season Begins

The warm summer Florida sunshine has brought with it the rain soaked afternoon showers. I haven't been about to get out into the woods lately because most of my trails are flooded. I'm sure the big guy is loving the refreshing evening thunderstorms though.

I'm camping with some friends in the Keys at the end of the month, but no areas to investigate nearby. We'll be doing plenty of fishing and lobstering though. Should be a delicious trip. I'd love to spend some time in the sawgrass on the way down but I don't think we'll have time.

I'm going to be checking out a few spots in Myakka State Park two weeks from Friday. I'm pretty excited about this. I should have some cool pictures to post from there hopefully the weekend after that.

I've also got a new idea on how to search an area in Jennings State forest that up until now I've not been able to access. I've got my hands on a Kayak that I'm going to be taking up into a shallow branch of Black Creek. It's a creek that's between Jennings and another patch of forest that I think might be a travel route used to avoid the main roads and trails. I'm planning on hitting the water as soon as the wet afternoons slow down.

Until next time, stay safe and take the time to look at the details, you might be surprised what you find.

James

No comments:

Post a Comment